Mangaudi Aloo Ki Sabji
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Mangaudis are small sun dried dumplings made with moong dal paste. Mangaudi is a very common element in Marwadi Cuisine. Many dishes can be made with mangaudi, such as Mangaudi ki tahri ( A rice dish), mangaudi ki kadhi etc. You can either make mangaudies at home or buy them from grocery stores. Today we are making mangaudi aloo ki subji (mangaudi and potato curry); this is a very popular gravy preparation. You can serve mangaudi aloo with Plain Paratha or Roti, it also goes very well with plain rice. Try this sabji and please do share your valuable comments. Happy cooking, Shuchi
- Mangaudi ½ cup
- Potatoes 3 medium
- Tomatoes 2 medium
- Grated Ginger 1 tsp
- Green chili 1
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Asafoetida 2 pinches
- Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder 1½ tsp
- Garam masala½ tsp
- Red chili powder ½ tsp
- Salt 1½ tsp
- Oil/Ghee 2 tbsp
- Water 1½ cups
- Chopped coriander leaves 2-3 tbsp
Method of preparation
- Wash and finely chop the tomatoes. Wash, remove the stem and finely chop the green chilies. Wash, remove skin and finely chop or grate the ginger.
- Peel, wash and cut potatoes in an inch pieces.
- In pressure cooker or in wok heat about 2 tsp ghee. Fry mangaudis on medium to low heat until golden brown. It takes about 2 minutes to fry mangaudis. Transfer the mangaudis in a bowl.
- In the pressure cooker heat 1 tbsp ghee. Add cumin seeds when seeds crackle add asfoetida and grated ginger, fry for a few seconds. Now add chopped tomatoes, and chopped green chilies. Mix well and add all other spices except garam masala. Fry till tomatoes leave the sides of the pan.
- Add potato pieces. Mix well. Add fried mangaudi and garam masala. Mix well. Add 1 1/2 cup of water. Take a boil. Close the lid and take 1 whistle. If you are cooking in sauce pan cover the lid and cook until mangaudis and potatoes are tender.
- If the curry is too thick, add a little more water and cook again. Turn off the heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve this delicious potato curry with paratha, poori, or with Rice.
Some Tips and Suggestions
- This is an aromatic mild spicy preparation. You can increase or decrease the amount of green chilies as per taste.
- You can use whole mangaudi or can break it after frying it.
- I like to make mangaudi delicacies in ghee but feel free to replace it with oil.
Some other Mangaudi Delicacies
Mangaudis are small sun dried dumplings made with moong dal paste. Mangaudi is a very common element in Marwadi Cuisine. There are various dishes which can be made with mangaudi, like, mangaudi aloo ki subji (mangaudi and potato curry), Mangaudi ki tahri ( A rice dish), mangaudi ki kadhi etc.
Mangaudi Ki Kadhi
Mangaudi ki kadhi is a traditional Rajasthani /Marwadi vaishnav delicacy, very popular in North India. This i my childhood favorite. It is easy to make delicacy goes very well with roti and plain rice...
Gawar Mangaudi Ki Sookhi Sabji
Guar/ Gawar or cluster beans are annual legumes. These beans are from the Fabaceae family like green/French beans, and peas. Gawar is rich in dietary fibers, vitamin A, C, and K, and is also considered a medicinal plant. It is mainly grown in India but it can easily be found in the Indian grocery stores in Western world...
Mangaudi Ki Tehri
Tehri is a rice preparation with seasonal vegetables. This traditional, vaishnav Marwadi delicacy is very popular in North India. There are various ways to make Tehri --Today I am sharing with you my childhood favorite mangaudi ki Tehri's recipe. This is a delicious, healthy and complete dish....