हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Cucumber Potato Salad
Cucumbers are available all around the year and they are coolant, delicious and healthy. Cucumber is usually eaten in most of the families in fast days. This cucumber and potato salad is specially made for days of fasting . This salad is light, tasty, and of course healthy and it is completely vegan also. It is very easy and quick to make. Enjoy cucumber potato salad with kuttu (Amazon link) ka paratha. Try this recipe and please do share your comments. Happy cooking, Shuchi
- 4 medium cucumber
- 4 medium boiled Potatoes
- 2 green chilies
- 1 tsp or to taste sendha namak (rock salt)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
Method of preparation:
- Wash, peel and cut the cucumber into half inch pieces.
- Peel the boiled potatoes. Cut each potato into 8 pieces.
- Remove the stem, wash, and finely chop the green chilies.
- In a glass bowl take cucumber pieces, potaot pieces, chopped green chilies, chopped coriander, salt and chopped coriander leave.
- Mix everything well.
- Delicious and cool salat is ready.
- You can serve this salad with roasted peanuts or with vrat ke cheele.
- A food platter for fast show cucumber potato salad, makhane ki kheer, grapes, homemeade yogurt (dahi), kuttu ke pakaude, and vrat ki chatni.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- Following picture is of cucumbers hanging in our kitchen garden. One can easily grow cucumber in small space.
- Some families also use red chili powder durig the days of fasting some use black pepper. Please check your family traditions.