हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Paneer 65 is a very popular appetizer from South India. For this dish, paneer is marinated in a spicy batter and then deep fried. I am not very sure about the origin of the name paneer 65 but can assure you that it is a mouthwatering snack and can be a great finger food for the parties. So let’s make this delicious dish and please do not forget to share your comments…..
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Paneer 250gms/ ½ lbs
- Green chilies 2-4
- Ginger 1" piece
- Curry leves 10-15
- Coriander leaves/ Cilantro, chopped 2 tbsp
- Yocurt/ curd 2 tbsp
- Rice flour 2 tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Red chili powder ½ tsp
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Coriander/ cilantro chutney
- Tomato ketchup
Method of preparation:
- Cut paneer into 2" long and ½" thick (finger shape) pieces. keep aside.
- Peel, wash and roughly chop ginger. Remove the stem, wash and chop green chilies. Wash curry leaves.
- Grind together ginger, green chilies, curry leaves, and coriander leaves. Add a little water if needed.
- In a glass bowl take this green paste. Add rice flour, yogurt, salt, red chili powder, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add paneer pieces in the marinade and coat each piece well with the marinade. Keep aside for 20 minutes.
paneer pieces in the spicy marinade
- In the wok heat oil. Deep fry marinated paneer on medium to high heat.
- Take out the crispy paneer 65 on the kitchen paper.
paneer 65 with green chutney
- Crunchy paneer 65 is ready to serve. Serve hot with coriander chutney and tomato ketchup.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- Increase the amount of green chilies and red chili powder as per taste.
- The batter should not be very thick so add 1 spoon of water if needed.
- Please feel free to cut paneer in your preferred shape.