हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Coriander chutney is a very popular accompaniment on the Indian food platter. It is the life of snacks, starters, and Chaat. Coriander Chutney is also a good companion for the main course, especially dal chawal. Coriander chutney can also be used as a dressing for Indian style salad like Kachumar. It is made with fresh green coriander leaves and green chilies. This chutney is a good source of iron, calcium and vitamin C. To add a tangy flavor in this chutney usually lemon juice or dry mango powder is added to the chutney. Coriander is also known as Cilantro in America/ Mexico. Try this quick and easy recipe for cilantro chutney and please do share your comments. Happy Cooking, Shuchi
Ingredients (makes about 1 cup chutney)
- Coriander leaves 100 gms/ about 2 cups
- Green chilles 3-4
- Salt ½ tsp
- Dry mango powder ½ tsp
- Lemon juice 1½ tsp
Method of preparation:
- Remove the thick stems of the coriander leaves, wash them thoroughly.
- Cut the coriander leaves roughly. Remove the stem of green chillies and wash them.
- Make a fine paste of coriander leaves & green chillies in the mixer/ blender. Add alittle water if needed.
- Now add salt, mango powder, and lemon juice and grind again for few seconds.
- Transfer the chutney in a serving bowl.
- Delicious coriander chutney is ready to serve. Serve dal chawal, samosa, pakaude or any chaat item.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- Make variations in this chutney as per taste by adding a bit of asaefotida, or ginger..
- You can adjust the spice level as per taste.
- You can also add a little bit of fresh yogurt (dahi) in this chutney to enhance the taste.
Some other similar recipes: