इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Grape Chutney is an easy to make, very healthy, and delicious Chutney. This phalahari chutney recipe is an adapted version of Master chef Sanjeev Kapoor's "Angoor aur Khajur Ki Chutney". This chutney can be served with Phalahari Thalipeeth, Sabudana Vada, or any other snack during the fast.....
(makes about ¾ cup)
- Red Grapes 1½ cups/ 200 grms
- Raisins 1 tbsp
- Brown sugar 2 tbsp
- Sendha namak (rock salt Amazon Link) a little
- Pepper to taste
- Ghee/ oil ¼ tsp
Method of preparation
- Wash the grapes thoroughly and cut them into halves.
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Add a few drops of ghee/ oil. Add grapes and fry for a minute on low heat.
- Add sendha namak (rock salt) and pepper/ chili. Sprinkle about 2 tbsp water. Mix well and let it cook for 8-10 minutes on low heat or until grapes are cooked .
- Add sugar. Mix well and cook until sugar is dissolved completely. Cook for another minute. Add raisins.
Chutney is ready to serve. Serve With Phalahari Thalipeeth, Singhade ki barfi or with any other fasting delicacy!!!
Store in an airtight container. Chutney can be kept in the refrigerator for a week.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
You can also add 3-4 chopped dates in this chutney with grapes. If you are adding dates do not add any sugar.
I have used red grapes, since they are available in abundance where we live. You can use green grapes and follow the same recipe.
Some Other Phalahari/ Vrat/ Upwas delicacies