हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Paneer Tikka Pizza
Pizza -- One of the most popular food on planet Earth. There are many variations of pizza, here is the recipe of Paneer Tikka Pizza. The recipe includes the preparation of the Pizza dough, the sauce to top the pizza and toppings... Now there is no Paneer Tikka Pizza in an Italian menu. This is an Indian variation of Pizza. Fusion cuisine is so popular these days and this is a beautiful example. Give it a shot! And please do not hesitate to write to me for any questions......
Ingredients (Makes one 12" Thin Crust Pizza)
For Pizza Base
- Whole wheat flour ¾ cup
- All purpose flour ¾ cup
- Salt ½ tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil ½ tbsp
- Active dry yeast 1 tsp
- Warm water about 2/3 cup
- Dry flour 2 tbsp for rolling and smoothing the dough
For Paneer Tikka
- Paneer 100 gms, cut into small squares
- Yogurt (curds) 1 tbsp
- Tandoor masala 1 tsp
For Pizza Toppings
- Pizza sauce about a cup
- Red, and green bell pepper cut into small squares ½ cup
- 1 small onion, cut into small pieces
- Mozzarella cheese, grated 1¼ cup
- A big rolling pin- I have used 12 inch rolling pin
- Pizza tray- has whole in the bottom
- Pizza cutter
Method of preparation:
- Take thick yogurt in a bowl. Add tandoor masala. Mix well. Dip paneer pieces in this marinade and make sure that all the sides are well coated. Keep aside for 20 minutes.
- For Pizza Dough- Soak dry active yeast in about 2 tbsp warm water. Make sure that the water is neither hot nor cold. Otherwise yeast will not become active. Cover the bowl and leave it for 10 minutes to activate the yeast.
- After 10 minutes you will see bubbles appearing on top .
- Sift together wheat flour, all purpose flour and salt for a couple of times.
- Now make a small space in the middle of the flour and pour the activated yeast mixture. Leave for 2 minutes. Now mix together with spoon or with your fingers. Add olive oil and mix again. Make a soft dough by adding lukewarm water little by little at a time.
- Transfer the dough to the work surface and knead it very well for 3-4 minutes. Use a little dry flour if the dough is sticky.
- Cover the dough with a damp towel and leave it in a warm place to ferment for about an hour. After an hour the dough will approximately double in size.
- Now knead the dough again. After kneading, dough will be light and smooth, and will be ready to use. Keep the dough covered with a damp towel until you are ready to use it.
Method of preparation for Pizza:
- Pre heat oven to 400° F.
- Take the dough and roll it with the help of dry flour in about a 12 inch circle.
- Place the rolled dough in the pizza tray. Poke the rolled dough at a few places.
- Keep the tray in the pre heated oven and bake for 4-5 minutes.
- Now take the tray out and spread a layer of pizza sauce evenly on the half baked base.
- Spread a fine layer of cheese.
- Now spread onions, red, and green bell peppers, and marinated paneer.
- Spread the remaining grated mozzerella cheese evenly on top of marinated paneer, and veggies.
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil and red chili flakes if desired.
- Place the pizza tray in the preheated oven and bake the pizza in the medium rack of the oven for about 18 minutes or until done.
- When it is ready, cut it out into required shape and size.
- Yummy pizza is ready to serve.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- If you do not want to make pizza base at home, use the store bought base.
- For the pizza toppings- You can select the vegetables as per availability and taste.
- You can also make 2 small pizzas instead of 1 big pizza with this recipe.
- You can also try this pizza on regular English bread....
Some Other Fusion Cuisine: