Chili Paneer Pizza
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Chili Paneer Pizza- Pizza is an Italian dish, while Chili Paneer is an Indo-Chinese fusion delicacy. So Chili Paneer Pizza represents fusion cooking from three different culinary traditions! Fusion food is very popular these days, and chili paneer pizza is one of the best examples!
A few years ago, during our visit to India, we had chili paneer pizza in a restaurant in the city of Lucknow. We all loved the spicy flavor with the combination of bell peppers, onions and paneer and mild flavor of cheese from the top. I thought it would be a great idea to try out the recipe and share it with you all.
I have made this chili paneer pizza from scratch, however, you can use store-bought pizza base or if you are in hurry try naan as your pizza base. Try this fusion pizza and please do share your valuable comments. Happy cooking, Shuchi
Ingredients For Pizza Base (Makes one 9 inch Pizza)
- Whole wheat flour ½ cup
- All purpose flour ½ cup
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil 1½ tsp
- Active dry yeast ¾ tsp
- Warm water about 1/3 - ½ cup
- Flour 2 tbsp for rolling and smoothing the dough
Ingredients for Pizza Toppings:
Method of preparation:
- Soak dry active yeast in about 2 tbsp warm water. Make sure that water is neither hot nor cold. Otherwise yeast will not become active.
Cover the bowl and leave it for 10 minutes to activate the yeast.
- After 10 minutes you will see bubbles appearing on top .
- Take wheat flour, all purpose flour and salt in a bowl. Mix them well.
- Now make a small spacing in the flour and pour the activated yeast mixture. Leave for 2 minutes. Now mix them together with spoon or with your fingers. Add olive oil and mix again.
Make a soft dough by adding lukewarm water, little by little at a time.
- Transfer the dough to the work surface and knead it very well for 3-4 minutes. Use a little dry flour if the dough is sticky.
- Cover the dough with a damp towel and leave it in a warm place to ferment for about an hour. After an hour the dough will approximately double in size.
- Knead the dough again. After kneading, dough will be light and smooth, and will be ready to use.
Method of preparation for Pizza:
- Pre heat oven to 375° F.
- Take the dough and roll it with the help of dry flour in about a 9 inch circle. The pizza base will be thick for this recipe. (about quarter inch thick)
- Place the rolled dough in the pizza tray. Poke the rolled dough at some places.
- Spread a layer of tomato sauce/ tomato chili sauce evenly on the rolled circle.
- Spread a layer of chili paneer.
pizza base topped with sauce and chili paneer
- Spread grated mozzerella cheese evenly on top of chili paneer.
after spreading mozerella cheese
- Place the pizza tray in the preheated oven and bake the pizza on the medium rack of the oven for about 20 minutes or until done.
- When pizza is ready take the pizza tray out of oven. Let it cool for a couple of minutes. Now cut it into required shape and size.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- I have used Tomato chili sauce for this pizza preparation.
- If you do not want to make pizza base at home, use the store bought base...in that case baking time will be half (about 10 minutes).
- You can also try this pizza on regular English bread....