इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Noodle cutlets is a yummy Indo Chinese appetizer. As the name shows these cutlets have been made with cooked noodles, assorted veggies and boiled potatoes. To make these cutlets healthy, you can use whole wheat noodles instead of white one. I have cooked the cutlets with very little oil to cut the amount of fat but one can deep fry these cutlets. Noodle cutlets can be served with tomato ketchup or with Indian style coriander/cilantro chutney. Try these delicious noodle cutlets and do not forget to share your comments. Happy cooking, Shuchi
Approximately 60 calories each cutlet
Ingredients (makes 12 cutlets)
- Noodles 3 ounce/ 1 packet
- Boiled Potatoes 2-3 medium
- Onion 1 medium
- Green chilies 2
- Finely chopped Cabbage ½ cups
- Finely grated 1 carrot/ ½ cups
- finely chopped bell pepper(1 small capscium) ¼ cup
- Red chili powder ½ tsp
- Chaat masala ½ tsp
- Garam masala ½ tsp
- Salt 1 tsp or to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves 2 tbsp
- Oil 2 tsp for cutlet mixture + for greasing the pan for cutlet cooking
Ingredients for Serving
Method of preparation:
- Boil the noodles as suggested on the noodle packet. Do not overcook the noodles. Leave on the strainer to remove extra water. Wait for 2-3 minutes. Now transfer the noodles in a clean cloth or on a kitchen towel to absorb the extra moisture.
- Peel off, wash, and finely chop the onions. Remove the thick stem, wash, and finely chop the green chilies.
- Peel, and mash the boiled potatoes.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a non stick wok. Add chopped onions, and green chilies. Fry the onions until translucent.
- Add carrots and fry for 1-2 minutes. Now add cabbage, and bell pepper and fry for a couple of minutes on medium heat.
- Add red chili powder, chaat masala, garam masala, and salt and mix well. Fry the vegetables for another minute.
- Now add mashed potatoes in the above mixture. Mix well.
cutlet mixture after adding mashed potatoes
- Add boiled noodles. Mix gently. Turn off the heat. Add chopped coriander leaves. Mix and let the mixture cool down.
after adding noodles in the cutlet mixture
- Make 12 oval noodle cutlets. Keep them in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
- Heat a griddle/ tawa. Grease it with a little oil. Cook noodle cutlets from both sides until golden red.
- Delicious noodle cutlets are redy to serve. Serve them with tomato ketchup or with sweet chili dip . You can also serve these cutlets with coriander chutney.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- These noodle cutlets are very delicious, to cut the amount of fat I have cooked the noodle cutlets in a very little oil but one can shallow or deep fry the noodle cutlets.
- You can also grill, bake or barbeque these cutlets.
- Make sure to cut the veggies very fine so cutlets don't get break.
- You can aslo add 1 tsp soy sauce in the cutlet mixture.