इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Besan laddu is one of the most traditional Indian sweets. Ladoo or Laddu is a Hindi word for round ball. Laddus are very famous Indian dessert usually made with different kinds of flours such as wheat, gram oat, corn, etc. or grains like sesame, flaxseeds, poppy seeds etc. . Some very common varieties of ladoos are aate ke ladoo, besan ke ladoo, sooji ke ladoo, Til ke ladoo etc. For besan laddu, besan is fried in pre ghee until aromatic, then sugar and nuts are added in fried besan and shaped laddus. Try this traditional besan laddu recipe and please do share your comments. Happy cooking, Shuchi
Approximately 150 calories in each laddu
Ingredients (makes 16)
- Laddu Besan (coarse gram flour) 2 cups
- Ghee (clarified butter) about ¾ cup
- Ground sugar 1 cup
- Cashew nuts/almonds ¼ cup (optional)
Method of preparation
- Finely chop the cashew nuts and the almonds. Keep aside.
- Sieve the besan (gram flour) thoroughly.
- In a skillet/ kadhai heat ghee . When ghee melts add besan. Fry the besan on medium heat for 5-7 minutes. The besan will look like the following picture.
- Reduce the heat and fry besan until you smell a nice aroma or see ghee comes up. We want nice golden color of besan so make sure it doesn't burn. Stir continuously. (takes around 12 minutes). As shown in following picture.
- Now add chopped nuts and fry for another 30 seconds. Turn off the heat, even after turnig off the heat keep stirring the besan for a couple of minutes so it doesn't get burnt from bottom. Keep aside.
- When fried besan is still lukewarm but not hot add sugar. Mix well suagr with fried besan.
- Take about 1 full table spoon mixture and make round ball between your palms as shown in following picture.
- Roll the laddoo in your hand to give a perfect round shape as shown in the following picture.
- Delicious besan ke laddoos are ready to serve. These laddoos can be stored in airtight container for a month.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- Coarse besan would be ideal for laddoos. Usually in Indian stores you get laddu besan which is coarse in apperance. If you do not find it add 1 table spoon of semolina in 1 cup of besan before you start frying.
- We need ground sugar for laddu. I have used organic light brown sugar for laddus.
- You can also add cardamom powder in laddus.