हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Tamatar ki Launji (Tomato chutney)
Launji is akin to a sweet and sour instant pickle; you can also consider it as a chutney. Our kitchen garden is full of different varieties of tomatoes. We have been distributing the tomatoes to friends and neighbors but we still have a lot and I am trying to make new things out of these tomatoes so that kids do not get bored. One of my dear friends Ruchi makes delicious launjis and I thought it will be good to share this tamatar ji launji recipe with my readers as well. I have used ripened yellow tomatoes to make the launji as they are in abundance in the garden but please feel free to use other variety of tomatoes as per taste. As always your comments are very welcome....
(serves 4 people)
- 2½ cups diced tomatoes (about 650 gms)
- 1½ tsp oil
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 whole red chili broken into small pieces
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder to taste
- 2 tsp brown sugar
Method of preparation:
- I have used ripened yellow tomatoes as they are in abundence in our kitchen garden this year. Please feel free to use some other variety of tomatoes as per availability.
- Heat oil in a wok on medium heat.
- Add mustard seeds, and fenugreek seeds. When seeds stop crackling add broken red chili. Mix well.
- Add diced tomatoes. Mix well and add salt and red chili powder as per taste.
- Mix well and cook it for about 10 minutes or till the launji is cooked.
- Add sugar. Mix and cook for another minute.
- At this point taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Delicious tomato launji is ready to serve. Serve it with dal rice, paratha...
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
Some other similar recipes: