हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Bruschetta is an Italian appetizer made with grilled bread topped with many combinations of veggies. This is a fusion recipe of bruschetta; the topping of this bruschetta has a sweet and tangy taste of mangoes. A very easy and quick appetizer….You can make different versions of this delicious starter by topping with mushrooms, olives, etc…..Try out this fusion recipe of mango bruschetta and please do not forget to share your comments… .
(Makes 24-25 pieces from 1 baguette(French bread))
- 1 French bread (Baguette)
- 2 mangoes (about 1½ cup pieces)
- 1 small red tomato
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 tbsp red onion minced (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil to brush the breads+ 1 tbsp
Method of preparation:
- Pre heat oven to 400° F.
- Cut the Crusty Italian/ French baguette breads into half inch thick slices.
- Brush the extra virgin olive oil on both sides of the bread slices.
- Place bread slices on the cookie sheet and toast the bread in the oven for 2-4 minutes. Now turn the side and toast the other side also for 2-4 minutes. Make sure breads do not burn.
- Wash, peel, and cut mangoes in small pieces.
- Wash and chop the tomatoes. Remove the seeds and also try to remove the juice from the tomatoes - as much as possible.
- In a bowl mix mango pieces, chopped tomatoe, 1 tbsp olive oil, chopped fresh basil, salt and black pepper. Mix well. Add onions if you wish. I haven't used onions.
- Now put a spoonfull of mango mix on top of the toasted slices. If you like, garnish with basil.
- Delicious, crisp Mango Bruschetta is ready. Serve immediately.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- If you do not find baguette use some other bread to make bruschetta.
- If you don't have fresh basil use dried ones.