हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Garden Vegetable Medley
Vegetable medley is a delicious, nutritious, colorful, and crisp stir fry dish. The selection of vegetables can be done on the basis of taste and availability. I have used a lot of home grown veggies like broccoli with bell pepper, carrots, corn kernels etc. Spice level can also vary as per taste. This delicious medley can be served as a side dish with Dal Chawal or it can also be served with Italian herb bread, French baguette or regular dinner rolls/ bun. Try this healthy preparation and please do share your comments!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Onion 1 medium
- Carrots 2, cut into slices
- Red and Green Bell pepper (capscium) 2 medium, cut into slices
- Broccoli, cut into small florets, 2 cups
- Corn kernels ½ cup
- Spring onions 2-3, cut into 1½ inch pieces (optional)
- Slivered almonds 2-3 tbsp
- Ginger juliennes 1½ tsp
- Basil leaves 8 (optional)
- Soya sauce 1½ tbsp
- Distilled vinegar 1½ tsp
- Salt ¾ tsp
- Red chili flakes as per taste
- White/ black pepper to taste
- Brown sugar 1½ tsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
Method of preparation:
- Peel off, wash, and cut the onions into long strips.
- Wash and cut red and green bell pepper into halves. Deseed and cut into thin strips.
- Peel off, wash and cut carrots into 2 inches long thin strips.
- Heat oil in a wok on high heat. Add ginger juliennes. Fry for 15 seconds. Now add onions and fry for a minute. Add slivered almonds and fry for 15 seconds.
- Add broccoli florets and stir fry for a minute.
- Now add sliced carrots and red and green bell pepper pieces. Fry for a couple of minutes, while constantly stirring the veggies. Add red chili flakes, salt, sugar, and black pepper and mix well. Fry the vegetables for another minute. Add soy sauce and distilled vinegar.
- Cook for a couple of minutes. Add Spring onions. Mix well. Taste and balance the spice, salt, and sugar level as per taste. Turn off the heat.
- Delicious, colorful, crisp vegetable medley is ready to serve.
- This delicious medley can be served as a side dish with Dal Chawal or it can also be served with Italian herb bread, French baguette or regular dinner rolls/ bun.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- You can also use some other veggies like cabbage, bean sprouts, bok choy, French beans, baby corn etc in this preparation.
- Add some garilc if you wish to. You can also use some green chilies if you like spicy food.
Some other Mix Vegetable preparations: