हिन्दी में पढ़ें
DDosas are fine pancakes of fermented lentil and rice batter. Dosas can be made with different flavors by adding different stuffings, such as - masala dosa, onion dosa , paneer dosa, etc… Cheese dosas are easy to make and loved by kids. My daughter is not a big fan of dosa but when a friend introduced this variation of regular masala dosa to her, she loved it. Now she asks me to make this cheese dosa even for the lunch box. I am very thankful to my friend Ruchi who shared this recipe with us….Hope your kids also enjoy this yummy dosa! As always please do not forget to share your comments!
(Makes 8-10 dosa)
- Dosa batter about 4 cups
- Oil about 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Mozzarella/ Cheddar Cheese 2 cups, shredded
Method of preparation:
- Add a little salt in the dosa batter. Mix well.
- Heat a flat griddle or tawa on medium heat.Clean the griddle with a wet cloth or kitchen towel.
- Take one ladle of batter and pour it onto the center of the griddle. With the help of a ladle, spread out the batter in a small circle/ oval of about 5-6 inch big to make a thin dosa. Sprinkle a little oil around the dosa and let it cook for about 30-35 seconds or until you see some red spots.
- Put about 2-3 table spoons of shredded cheese of your kid's taste on one half side of the dosa.
- When cheese starts melting, cover the plain half side of the dosa to the cheese side.
- Press gently. Cook from both the sides.
- Delicious cheese dosa uis ready to serve. Serve with coconut chutney or even with tomato ketchup for snacks.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- If you are using Iron tawa, clean it with a piece of onion (or onion half) - this helps in maintaining a non-stick surface.
- Do not forget to wipe the griddle with wet kitchen towel after every making of dosa.
- You can make dosa batter at home or can use the store bought batter for dosa making.
- I cut the amount of cheese to maintain the calorie level but to be frank more cheese means yummier and tastier dosa....