इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Pineapple a delicious and healthy tropical fruit loaded with nutrients. It is one of the richest sources of Vitamin C, along with some other vitamins and minerals. Pineapple is also known to have antioxidants which reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
This delectable pineapple curry is sweet and sour in flavor and has been made with coconut milk and very few spices. This recipe is from a dear friend who is like a younger sister to me, Geet. Geet often makes this curry for parties and now the dish goes by “Geet’s Pineapple Curry."
This is a vegan preparation and also nuts free. I have tried this recipe several times, and it has always earned rave reviews. Try out this flavorful pineapple curry and please do share your valuable comments. Happy cooking, Shuchi.
Approximately 225 calories in each serving
Ingredients to marinate the Pineapple
- 2½ cups pineapple cubes
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder‘
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
Ingredients for curry(serves 4)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 2 whole red chilies broken into two
- 1 green chili, finely chopped (optionl)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ cup coconut milk
- chopped coriander leaves to garnish
Method of preparation
- In a glass bowl take pineapple pieces. Add in all the ingredients of the marinade - ground mustard, turmeric, red chili powder, salt and sugar. Mix in all the ingredients well with pineapple pieces. Cover and keep aside for half an hour.
- In a wok, heat coconut oil on medium heat. Add mustard seeds. When seeds crackle add red chilies and curry leaves. Fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add marinated pineapple and chopped green chilies and salt. Saute pineapple with seasoning for about 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk. Mix in well with pineapple. If the curry appears thick, add a little bit of water. Cover the lid and cook pineapple on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Pineapple curry is ready. Turn off the heat.
- Garnish pineapple curry with chopped coriander leaves and serve with poori, naan or rice.
Some Suggestions/ Tips
- For this recipe half ripened pineapple would be ideal.
- Increase the amount of green chilies if you like spicy food.
- The amount of salt and sugar will depend on the sweetness of pineapple so please adjust the flavor as per taste.
The Hindi word Navratan means Nine Gems. This word came from the royal courts, where emperors used to appoint nine courtiers. This delicious mildly spiced, slightly sweet, creamy delicacy has nine things in the curry. I have used paneer, makhane, pineapple, cashews, raisins, along with the vegetables to....
Veggies in Thai Red Curry
Thai red curry is made with shallots, garlic, galangal, lemon grass, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and lots of red chilies, etc. This is a basic curry paste for many of the Thai preparations. In this curry paste coconut milk is added and cooked with meat or with veggies. I have added a bunch of veggies in this curry.....