हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Tilkut also know as Til Kuta means pound/ground sesame . This is a traditional dessert and is especially made for festivals like Sakat Chauth and Sankranti. Sesame is very rich in iron, calcium, magnesium, and also in phosphorus. Tilkut is very easy to make and it takes very little time to make it. Try this delicious tilkut recipe and please do sahre your comments.....
(Makes about 1 cup)
- Sesame seeds 1 cup
- Sugar ½ cup
Method of preparation:
- Dry roast the white sesame seeds on medium to low heat until aromatic (takes about 4 minutes). Be careful when you roast the sesame as it splutters. Set aside .
- Grind the sesame seeds in the mortar or grinder. We need absolutely coarse sesame.
- Now add sugar. Mix well . Note-In most of the western countries we get only sugar, in case if you have crystal sugar grind it and add in the coarsely grind sesame.
- Delicious til kuta (pound/ground sesame dessert) is ready to serve.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- You can aslo add jaggery instead of suagr in tilkut.
- You can aslo add a hint of green cardamom to this dish.