हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Sweet Potato Pudding
Sweet Potatoes or shakarkandi(शकरकंदी) are considered as highly nutritious. They are a good source of dietary fibers, vitamin, A, C, iron, calcium and carbohydrates. This is a phalahari dessert and can be eaten in the days of fasting. There are so many different skin color sweet potatoes available around the world. We get orange skinned sweet potatoes in our state which is rich in beta carotene. I remember my grandmother used to make this halwa for Ekadashi vrat. Try this yummy dessert and please do share your comments.....
Ingredients ( serves 4)
- Sweet potatoe 500 gms
- Sugar about ½ cups
- Ghee 8 tbsp/ ½ cups
- Green cardamoms 4
- cashews and slivered almonds 1/3 cup
Method of preparation:
- Remove the outer green cover of the cardamoms and grind the seeds in the mortar. Keep aside
- Boil the sweet potatoes, remove skin and then mash the sweet potato.
- In a wok dry roast cashews and slivered almonds until it changes the color. Keep roasted nuts aside.
- Heat ghee in the wok. Add mashed sweet potatoes. Fry the sweet potatoes on medium heat for about 10-12 minutes.
- Add sugar and mix well. Cook the sweet potatoes for a 5-6 minutes on medium heat. Add cashews . Fry faor another minute. Turn off the heat.
- Add ground cardamom .Delicious sweet potato pudding/ halwa is ready.
- Serve hot sweet potato pudding/ halwa.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- You can also make regular potato (aloo) pudding/ halwa by using the same recipe.
- The more ghee you add, the tastier the halwa would be ...so it is up to you.....