Mewa Pag (Dry fruits dessert)
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
This is a special burfi/ pag made for pooja. This can be eaten in fasting days too. The dry fruits can be changed as par the taste. Enjoy mewa pag....
(makes about 14 small pieces)
- Almonds 2 tbsp
- Makhane(puffed eurayle ferox) 1 cups
- Charoli/Chiraungi 2 tbsp
- Raisins 2 tbsp
- Grated coconut 1/4 cups
- Sugar ½ cup
- Water ½ cup
- Ghee few drops to grease the tray
- Green cardamoms 2
Method of preparation
- Remove the outer skin of the cardamoms and grind them in the mortar.
- Grease the tray, plate or a small thali with ghee. Keep aside.
- Wash the raisins thoroughly and pat dry on kitchen paper.
- Heat a wok, dry roast the makhane(puffed Eurale ferox) for about two-three minutes on medium heat. Then crush them roughly. This can be done in a grinder.
- Dry roast the almonds on medium heat for about a minute.Then grind the almonds coarsely in the grinder.
- Now add grated coconut, chiraungi, and raisins in grounded almond and puffed eurale ferox (makhane).
Dry fruits and coconut roasted and grounded dry fruits
- Boil sugar and water in a wok/pan. After the first boil reduce the heat and boil the sugar syrup till it gets thickened and makes two string syrup. Two string syrup means that you take a drop of syrup between your two fingers and then stretch the fingers - if the syrup that sticks between the two fingers is making two threads (or strings) then the thickness of syrup is appropriate. Takes about 7-8 mins.
- Now add almond, makhane, chiraungi, raisins, coconut powder and cardamom, mix well, cook till the mixture absorb the sugar syrup. Takes about 2 minutes on medium-low heat.
sugar syrup mewa pag
- Now turn off the heat and set the mixture on the greased tray. Let the mixture cool down, takes about 8-10 minutes. Now cut the burfi in required shape.
mewa pag mewa pag
Delicious mewa pag is ready for bhog/serving .
Tip: I have used organic (raw) sugar for this preparation.That is why sugar syrup is brown in the picture.
The pag (or burfi) can be stored in an airtight container for couple of weeks.
Use oil instead of ghee if you want to make vegan pag.
Fast( vrat/ upwas) recipes
Some other Dessert preparations