इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Sabudana or sago is a very good source of carbohydrate. Sabudana is one of the few things eaten during the days of fasting in India. There is a variety of dishes made from Sabudana such as, sabudana papad, sabudana kheer, sabudana vadas etc. Here we are going to make sabudana pulav. It is also called as sabudana khichdi in some families. I have added peanuts in this preparation. Peanuts are a good source of protein and also it enhances the flavor of sabudana pulav. Trythis sabudana pulav and please do share your comments. Happy fasting, Shuchi
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Sabudana ¾ cups
- Potatoes 2 small
- Peanuts ¼ cups
- Green chilies 2-4
- Sendha namak/ rock salt 1½ tsp or to taste
- Ghee(clarified butter) 1½ tbsp
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves 1 tbsp
- Water 1½ cup
Method of preparation
- Clean and wash the sabudana. Soak them in about 1½ cup water for 2-3 hours.
- After 2-3 hours sabudana granules will absorb the water and will become soft. If sabudana is still hard add a little more water and leave it for some time, if needed.
Water soked sabudana granules
- Remove the stem, wash and finely chop the green chilies.
- Peel off potato, wash and cut into small pieces.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add peanuts. Fry peanuts on medium heat until they red in color and a nice aroma comes out. Takes about 4-6 minutes.
- Add chopped green chilies and fry for a few seconds. Now add potatoes and fry for another minute.
- Add salt and mix well. Cover the lid and cook until potatoes are tender.
- When potatoes are tender add soaked sabudana and mix well . Fry the sabudana for a couple of minutes.
- Now cover the lid and reduce the heat. Cook sabudana for 2-4 minutes.
- Sabudana will become translucent. It shows that the dish is done. Turn off the heat.
- Add lemon juice. Mix well.
Delicious sabudana pulav is ready to serve. Garnish sabudana pulav with chopped coriander leaves.
Some Tips/ Some suggestions:
- This sabudana pulav can also be made in regular days. In that case add more veggies like, peas, carrots, beans, etc..
- If you like spicy food add more chilies to your sabudana pulav.