Kachche Kele Ki Tikki
(raw banana cutlets)
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Raw bananas are rich in dietary fibers, carbohydrates, and also in vitamins C and B6. Bananas are one of the best sources for potassium. Raw bananas do not have natural sugars like ripened bananas. Raw bananas can be easily found in grocery stores. Bananas are usually eaten in most fasts in India. Here we are making raw banana cutlets. These cutlets are easy to make and are healthier options for fasting. One can deep fry/shallow fry these cutlets or if you are health conscious, just make these cutlets in pan with very little oil/ghee. Serve these cutlets with phalahari (especially made for fasting) green chutney and lassi (a yogurt drink), or with ginger tea. Try these raw banana cutlets this fasting season and please share your valuable feedback. Happy cooking, Shuchi.
Approximately 65 calories each
(makes 16 tikkis/cutlets)
- Raw bananas 5 medium size
- Green chilies 4
- Sendha namak/rock salt Amazon Link 1¼ tsp or to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves 2-3 tbsp
- Ghee to cook or shallow fry
Method of preparation
- Wash raw bananas. Cut each banana in half and boil it until it is tender. I boiled the bananas in the pressure cooker on medium heat. If you are boiling bananas in the cooker, it takes 1 whistle.
- Keep boiled bananas aside to cool them a bit.
boiled raw bananas
- Remove the stems, wash and finely chop the green chilies.
- Peel and mash the boiled bananas thoroughly.
- In a bowl take the mashed bananas, chopped green chilies, chopped coriander leaves, and salt. Mix all the ingredients well.
- The following photo shows all the ingredients of raw banana tikki.
- Now divide the mixture into 16 portions and make flat discs as shown in the picture below.
- Keep these discs or tikkis in the fridge for 10 minutes to let them rest.
- Heat a griddle or a pan. Grease the bottom with ghee. Cook both sides of the banana tikkies until they are golden red.
Tikkis cooked in very little ghee
- You can also shallow fry or deep fry the tikkies. For shallow frying- In a shallow frying pan, heat some ghee. Shallow fry the raw banana tikkies on medium-high heat until they are golden red in color.
Shallow fried raw banana cutlets
- Delicious and crunchy raw banana cutlets are ready to serve. Serve with phalahari chutney. You can also serve some phalahari drinks. I have serves them with Lassi.
- Do not mash the boiled bananas immediately. Let them cool a bit so the bananas don't get sticky.
- You can also add some boiled potatoes in the tikkies if you are having trouble in binding them.
- These delicious raw banana tikkies can also be made in regular days. .
- If you like spicy food add more chilies to your tikkies.
Some other recipes for fast/ vrat