हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Quinoa grain is very popular for its health benefits. It is a member of the Amaranthaceae family, same like amaranth (रामदाना). Quinoa is very high in protein, vitamin B, minerals (zinc, iron, magnesium etc.), and amino acids and is also a good source of dietary fiber.
I buy quinoa from local organic stores. I am not sure what quinoa is called in India. Since quinoa grows in dry and warm climates so it should be available in tropical climate of India. In case if you do not find quinoa in your part of world use other healthy grains like, amaranth, cracked wheat, cracked buckwheat, and cracked oats etc…
Here we are making quinoa salad. This is a very easy, delicious, and healthy way to incorporate quinoa in daily meals. As always please do share your thoughts . Shuchi
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1½ cup water (to boil the quinoa)
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- ½ cup red and green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber , finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- 2-4 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup finely chopped green coriander leves
- freshly ground black pepper as per taste
- onions , finely chopped (optional)
Method of preparation:
- Following is a picture of quinoa grains..
- Wash the quinoa grains and cook them in one and a cup water.
- After the first boil reduce the heat and let them cook until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- Now let the quinoa cool a bit.
- Separate the cooked quinoa grains with fork.
- Add all the chopped vegetables, salt, pepper, and lemon juice, and chopped green coriander leaves in cooked quinoa. Mix well.
- Keep it in the refrigerator and let it cool for an hour.
- Delicious quinoa salad is ready to serve.
Variation to make this salad as a complete Meal:
- I am very thankful to my friend Dr Ruchi, who shared this variation of regular Quinoa Salad. In this version of quinoa salad we have added 1 cup boiled and cooked Bengal grams. We have also added 1 tbsp mango chutney to enhance the flavor of this quinoa salad.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- You can add some more stuff like avacado, some nuts e.g., slivered almonds, and some raisins in this salad to give it a twist.
- You can also add seasonigs as per taste. For example, you can add some green chutney to enhance the flavor of this salad.
- You can also use other herbs such as parsely and mint in this quinoa salad preparation.