इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Everyone loves pasta! Here we are making a delicious and healthy Pasta Salad. My brother just loves salads and requests me to create healthy and delicious variety of salads. On his request I created this recipe. So here we are with a new salad recipe on my brother's special request.
I have used semolina penne pasta, and some homegrown vegetables and herbs. Feel free to use any variety of pasta as per taste and availability. In the pasta dressing I have added red chili flakes to make it flavorful. You can reduce the amount of chili or even remove it as per taste. This pasta salad is a vegan dish. So, try this delicious and simple pasta salad recipe and please do share your valuable comment. Happy & healthy cooking, Shuchi
Approximately 225 calories in each serving
Ingredients For Pasta: (serves 4)
- Penne pasta 100 gms/about 1 cup
- Water about 4-5 cups to boil the pasta
- Salt 2tsp
Ingredients For Veggies:
- Cherry Tomatoes 20-25
- Green bell pepper (capscium) 1
- Lettuce cut into an pieces 1 cup
- Green olives pitted 8-10
Ingredients For Dressing:
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Vinegar 2 tbsp
- Extra virgin olive oil 3-4 tbsp
- Salt ½- tsp or to taste
- Red chili flakes to taste
- Black pepper, Freshly ground to taste
- Basil leaves ¼ cup
Method of pasta Boiling
- Boil about 4-5 cups of water in a big pan. Add 2 tsp salt and penne pasta in the boiling water.
- Boil until Penne are soft but firm. Usually it takes about 10 minutes to boil penne. Drain lightly, Penne should remain soft.
- Wash the bell pepper. Cut it into halves and deseed it. Thinly slice the bell pepper.
- Wash and cut the cherry tomatoes into halves.
homegrown cherry tomatoes
- Wash and then tear the basil leaves by hand. If you do not find fresh basil leaves, use about 1½ tsp dried basil leaves.
- In a bowl take lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, red chili flakes, black pepper, and salt. Mix well all the ingredients of the dressing.
- In a big salad bowl take boiled penne, lettuce pieces, sliced bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, pitted olives, and torn basil leaves.
- Pour the dressing on top of it and gently toss. Coat pasta and veggies well with the dressing.
- Pasta salad is ready. You can also chill it in the refrigerator before serving.
- Delicious Penne pasta salad is ready to serve. You can garnish the pasta with parmesan cheese.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- Some other veggies such as red bell pepper, brocolli, carrots, beans etc can also be used in this delicious pasta salad.
- You can also use some other variety of pasta if you do not find Penne.