Lazeez Moong Dal
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Moong (or Mung) dal is a good source of protein. Lazeez (an Urdu word for delicious) moong dal is an easy to make dish. It can be served for the morning breakfast or as a chaat item for parties. This recipe comes to us from Kajal, who is a regular reader of ChezShuchi. Kajal shared the recipe with me and requested that I make this dish as per her suggestions and explain it step by step. So here we are.... Please try it out and do share your comments...
- 1 Cup moong dal
- 2 ups water
- 2 Tsp Ghee
- 1 Tsp cumin seeds
- 2 whole red chili
- 2-3 Pinches asafoetida
- ½ Tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ Tsp red chili powder/ Black pepper
- 1 Tsp salt
Method of preparation
- Clean ,wash and soak the moong dal in 2 cups of water for about hallf an hour.
- In the pressure cooker, heat ghee on medium heat. Add cumin seeds. When seeds stop crackling, add asafoetida, and whole red chilies. Fry for 10-15 seconds; then add turmeric, red chili powder, and soaked dal along with the water that the dal was soaked in. Mix well and add salt.
- Take one whistle in pressure cooker. Turn off the heat.
- When the pressure is removed, open the cooker. Mash the dal thoroughly.
- Set the lentils in 4 serving plates. Top with coriander chutney, grated paneer, and grated radish. Sprinkle a bit of roasted and ground cumin, and red chili powder. Garnish Lazeez Dal with chopped coriander leaves.
Top-up with your kids favorite chips - they will love it.
Some other snacks and starters