हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Dahi Sonth Ke Batashe
Golgappe, batashe, puchke, puri, are some different names for one dish- one of the most popular chaat item all over India. Dahi is a Hindi name for yogurt and sonth is Tamarind chutney. This is a very popular chaat form Northern India. Dahi sonth ke batashe can be easily and very quickly made at home. Batashe/ Golgappae are easily available in India, and it can be easily found in Indian stores outside India also. In case they are not available in your part of world you can also make them at home. Please see the recipe of homemade batashe/golgappe. Try out this tangy chaat from Northern India for this festival of colors…..
Ingredients (For 30 golgappe)
- 1 cup white peas or Chick peas
- ½ tsp salt
- 30 pcsGolgappe
- 1 medium boiled potato
- ½-1 cup instant meethi chutney/ Tamarind chutney
- 1 cup yogurt (dahi) , whisked
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Roasted & ground cumin 1-2 tsp
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Bhujiya/sev to garnish to tste
Method of preparation:
- Clean, wash and soak white peas in enough water overnight.
- Boil white peas with half tsp salt, till they get tender. Best way is to take one pressure in the pressure cooker. In case if the peas have extra water after boiling you can cook it for a minute to evaporate the extra water. Slightly mash the peas .
- Mash or finely chop the potatoes.
- Mix well potatoes and boiled white peas.
- Slightly crush the top puffed layer of the golgappa
- Fill boiled potato and peas filling in the golgappe.
- Fill yogurt and meethi in the peas and potato filled golgappe.
- Sprinkle a little bit of salt, red chili powder, and roasted and ground cumin.
- Sprinkle little bit of sev/bhujiya.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Deliciuous dahi sonth ke batashe are ready to serve. Serve immediately.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- Readymade golgappe are easily available in Indian stores. In case if golgappe are not available in your part of world you can also make them at home. Please see the recipe of homemade golgappe.
- If you do not find white peas, you can also use chic peas.