हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Coleslaw (a cabbage based salad)
Coleslaw is a very famous variety of salad made with shredded cabbage along with other vegetables. There are various ways to make coleslaw. Here I am sharing my favorite recipe for coleslaw. Green cabbage and red cabbage both are very rich in Vitamin A, C and also K. Doctors say that red cabbage has 10 times more vitamin A than green cabbage. Both the cabbages are a good source of fibers and minerals. They are also very rich in iron. Red cabbage is easily available in the western farmer’s market and super markets, in case if you do not find red cabbage in your part of the world use green cabbage only for this preparation. Try out this salad and please do share your comments.
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded green cabbge
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tbsp distilled vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper as per taste
- 1 tbsp water
Method of preparation:
- Following is a picture of red cabbage.
- In a glass bowl take shredded red cabbage, green cabbage, and shredded carrot.
- In a small bowl, take brown sugar and water. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Add vinegar and mix well. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well.
- Pour dressing over shredded vegetables . Mix well. Let it sit for 10 minutes to absorb the flavor of dressing before you serve it.
- Delicious salad is ready to serve.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- You can also use some shredded colored bell pepper, cucumber, onions etc in this preparation.