इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Kale Chane also called as Black/Bengal Grams are very rich in protein. In Northern India there is a tradition to make chane with halwa and poori for Navmi pooja (prayers). This is a very delicious and low fat preparation so you can make it any time for snacks/ breakfast.
- Kale Chane (black gram) 1½ cup
- Green chili 2
- Ginger 1" piece
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Asafoetida 2 pinches
- Salt 1½ tsp
- Garam masala ½ tsp
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Amchoor powder 1 tsp
- Oil 1½ tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves 2 tbsp
Method of preparation
- Clean, wash and soak the black grams overnight in 4-5 cups of water.
- Add salt in the black gram and boil until grams are tender. (take 2-3 whistles on medium low heat in the pressure cooker)
- Remove the stem, wash and finely chop the green chilies.
- Peel off, wash and cut the ginger into fine julienns.
- In a nonstick pan heat oil, add cumin seeds. When seeds stop crackling add asafoetida, green chilies, and ginger. Fry for a few seconds.
- Now add coriander powder, garam masala, and amchoor powder and fry for few seconds and add boiled black grams with the water if there is any. Mix well and cook until water evaporates. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves .
Kale chane are ready to serve.
Suggestions For Lunch boxes:
This a perfect lunch box dish for kids. You can also add some fruits and may be a surprise cookie for your child....
Some Other ideas for pooja ka khana
Some other Kid's Lunch box ideas
Some Other Snacks and Starters Recipes