हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Mathris are very famous North Indian snacks. Usually mathris are deep fried tea time snacks, but here we are making baked mathri. To make these mathris healthier I have used wheat flour, and semolina along with all purpose flour (maida). The good thing about mathris is that they can be stored in air tight containers for a month or even longer. These are good finger snacks for parties or for evening tea, to make them attractive I have made mini heart shape Mathris. Try out these mathris and please do share your comments….
(Makes about 26-30 heart shape mathris)
- Wheat flour 1 cup
- Refined flour/ all purpose flour (maida) ½ cup
- Semolina 2 tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Carom seeds (ajwain) 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil /ghee 5 tbsp for dough making
- Water for dough
Method of preparation:
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- In a big mixing bowl combine wheat flour, all porpose flour, semolina, and salt
- Add 5 tbasp oil in the flour mixture. Mix well and rub between the hands.
- Add a little water at a time and knead a stiff dough. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and set aside for about 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 big rounds. Make them smooth and press them between the palms.
- Roll them into semi thick rounds.
- With help of cookie cutter make your favorite shape. I have used heart shape cutter.
- Poke the rolled mathri here and there with the help of fork.
- Arrange the mathris in the baking (cookie) tray.
- Put the baking tray in the pre heated oven and bake. Change the side after 15 minutes and bake again for 15 mi nutes. The total baking time would be approximately 30 minute.
- Let the mathris cool down completely before you serve them.
- These mathris can be stored in airtight containers for a month.
- Mathris are ready to serve. These mathris are very yummy by themselves, but you can also serve them with sweet and sour lemon pickle.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- You can also make traditional mathri by deep frying them. Please follow the recipe here.
- You can also regular round shape mathris.
Some other teatime snacks