Bhindi do Pyaja
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Bhindi is also known as Okra or lady-fingers. As the recipe name shows, bhindi do pyaja has lot of onion in it along with gram flour. Okras are good source of vitamin A, C ,K, and B6. They are also rich in calcium, magnesium and dietary fibers.
- Okra (bhindi) 400 gms
- Onion 1 big (about 200 gms
- Gram flour(besan) 1½ tbsp
- Green chilies 1-2
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Carom seeds (ajwain) 1 tsp
- Asafoetida 1 pinch
- Turmeric powder ¾ tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder 2 tbsp
- Salt 1½ tsp
- Garam masala ½ tsp
- Amchoor powder 1 ½ tsp
- Oil 2-3 tbsp
Small okras would be better for this recipe.
Method of preparation
- Wash and remove the thick stem of green chilies. Split them into two parts.
- Wash, and wipe off the extra water of the okras with the kitchen towel paper. Slice off the ends of the okras and split each okra into two halves.
- Peel off, wash and cut the onions into fine julienns.
- Grease a wok and fry the gram flour (besan) for about 2 minutes. Keep aside the fried gram flour.
- Heat oil in a wok, add cumin and carom seeds. When seeds change the color, add asafoetida. Add sliced onions and fry until they become soft ( takes about 4-5 minutes on medium heat).
- Add gram flour and fry for a minute. Now add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and fry for 15-20 seconds. Add okra , and mix the masala well. Add salt and mix well again.
- Cover the lid and cook until okras are done. (takes about 15-17 minutes on medium heat)
- Add amchoor powder (dry mango powder), and garam masala. Mix well gentely, and fry for a minute. Turn off the heat.
Delicious bhindi do pyaja is ready to serve
Serve with Roti or Plain Paratha.
Tip : This is a Vegan recipe!