इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Paneer is an all time favorite! This paneer sandwich is a good source of protein, carbohydrate, fibers and calcium. This is a substantial breakfast dish, and is also an ideal option for picnics, and kids' lunch boxes... I have used whole wheat bread to make this sandwich....
(Makes 4 Sandwich)
For Filling :
paneer 150 gms
- Onion 1 medium
- Tomato 1 medium
- Green chili 1
- Chopped coriander leaves 1 tbsp
- Salt ½ tsp
- Red chili ¼ tsp
- Lemon juice 1 tsp (optional)
- Garam masala¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds ½ tsp
- Ghee/ butter 2 tsp
- Wheat Bread 8 slices
- Butter to brush
Method of preparation
- Crumble/chop the paneer into very small pieces.
- Peel off, wash, and finely chop the onion.
- Remove the stem, wash and finely chop the green chili.
- Wash and chop the tomatoes into small pieces.
- In a wok, heat the ghee/ butter, add cumin seeds. When the seeds crackle, add onions, and fry until translucent (takes 3-4 minutes).
- Now add tomatoes, and chopped green chili. Fry for 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add crumbled paneer, salt , red chili powder, garam masala and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Now add lemon juice.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Paneer filling is ready.
filling for paneer sandwich
- Take a slice of bread, spread a layer of filling. Cover with the other bread. Brush the butter on top and bottom sides of bread and grill the sandwich, .
- In you do not have grill, cook the sandwich on flat griddle or in a sandwich toaster .
Delicious Sandwiches are ready to serve. Cut the sandwich diagonally. Serve with tomato ketchup or with pudina chutney.
Some Tips/ Suggestions :
I have used whole wheat bread for the preparation of sandwich.
You can also serve this paneer filling with dal-rice/ roti.
Some other Bread recipes
Some other Paneer delicacies