Muzaffar - Meethi Seviyan
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Muzaffar is Awadhi cuisine. This is vermicelli fried in pure ghee (clarified butter), cooked in water with sugar, garnished with dry fruits, with the aroma of saffron.This is a dry preparation .This dish is made for Id and is just awesome …. So enjoy the Awadhi Muzaffar ......
- Seviyan(Vermicelli) about 1½ cups(50 gms)
- Ghee 2 tbsp
- Water about ¾ -1 cups
- Sugar ¼ cup
- Cashews 2-3 tbsp
- Saffron threads 8-10
Method of preparation
- Cut the cashew nuts into halves.
- Break the seviyan into about 2 inches pieces.
- Heat ghee in a pan on medium heat, roast the seviyan, and cashew nuts on medium heat till they get golden brown (takes 3-4 minutes).
- Boil the water and keep aside.
- Now add hot water , and also add few saffron threads, mix well and boil till vermicelli absorbs the entire water ans become tender.
after adding water in the vermicelli
- Now add sugar and mix well in vermicelli . Cook for another minute or until sugar gets mixed in with vermicelli .Turn off the heat.
after adding sugar in the vermicelli
Traditional Awadhi muzaffar (meethi seviyan) are ready to serve.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
You can also add some khoya( thickened milk) to this delicious dessert.
Some other dessert recipes.