इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
As the name shows it is a delicious rice and corn preparation. Sweet corns are good source of vitamins, proteins and dietary fibers It is an easy to make dish and can be served as a complete meal with raita.
- Boiled Rice 4 cups
- Corn kernels 2 cups
- Green chilies 2
- Cumin seeds 1¼ tsp
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Salt 1 tsp or to taste
- Red chili powder ½ tsp
- Lemon juice 2 tsp
- coriander powder 1 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves 1 tbsp
- Ghee/oil 1 tbsp
Method of preparation
- Remove the stem, wash and split the green chilies.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds when seeds crackle add asafoetida, green chili and corn kernels.Cook for 2-4 minutes.( cook longer if corn kernels are hard).
- Now add boiled rice, salt, red chili powder,coriander power, and lemon juice and mix well. Sauté for 2-4 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with the Raita of your taste. My children like corn rice with pineapple raita.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
This is a an easy to make healthy dish for your kid's lunch box.
I have used frozen corn kernels for this recipe. Fresh kernels would be better if they are available.
Some other Kid's Lunch box ideas
Some other Rice delicacies