Aate ka Namkeen Halwa
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Aate ka namkeen halwa or whole wheat flour savory porridge is an easy-to-make, low-fat delicious breakfast dish. You can also add in some onions and veggies in this dish to make it even healthier. This is a very popular Sunday breakfast at my in-laws place. I have learnt this dish from my mother-in-law. Try out this delicious dish and please do share your valuable comments. Happy cooking, Shuchi
- Wheat flour (atta ) 1 cups
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Yogurt (dahi )1 cup
- Water 1½ cups
- Green chilies 2
- Carom seeds (ajwain) 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds ½ tsp
- Salt 1½ tsp
- Red chili powder ½ tsp
- Lemon juice 2-3 tsp
Method of preparation
- Heat the skillet. Add wheat flour and dry roast the flour on medium heat until golden brown. Stir constantly. It takes about 10-15 minutes to fry the wheat flour. Keep aside.
dry roasted wheat flour
- Wash, and finely chop the green chilies.
- Whisk the yogurt thoroughly, add 1½ cups of water.
- Heat about 1 tbsp. oil the skillet ( I use the same skillet), add carom seeds (ajwain) and fenugreek seeds. When seeds change the color add green chilies and fry for a few seconds. Reduce the heat and add yogurt.
- Take a boil and add fried wheat flour, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well and stir constantly. It takes about 3-4 minutes to flour to get cooked. When flour absorbs the water and its a smooth and thick turn off the heat.
- At last add lemon juice.
Delicious aate ka namkeen halwa is ready to serve. It taste very good itself however you can serve it with pickles or with chutney of your taste.
Some Suggestins/ Tips :
- For big gathering,this namkeen halwa can also be set in a greased
baking dish and cut into square shape pieces. Serve with chutney of your taste.
- You can also add chopped onions and other vegetables in this halwa.
- You can also make besan ka namkeen halwa with the same recipe.
Some Other Snacks and Starters Recipes