इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Veg Jaipuri is a delicious mixed vegetables preparation. Mix vegetables can be made in so many different ways. Each and every state has a different recipe to make mix veg. Some of my regular readers have been asking for this recipe. . Try this preparation of mixed vegetables in rich curry….
- Mix Veg 2½ cups
- Onion 1 medium (150 gms)
- Green chilly 1-2
- Ginger 1½ inch piece
- Tomato puree ¾ cups
- Cashew nuts ½ cup
- Bay leaves 2
- Cloves 4
- Green cardamoms 4
- Cinnamon 2-3 small pieces
- Coriander powder 1½ tsp
- Roasted cumin powder ¼ tsp
- Red chili powder ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder two pinches
- Garam masala ½ tsp
- Salt 1 tsp/ to taste
- Oil 2-3 tbsp
- Water about 2 cups
- Green coriander leaves, chopped 1 tbsp
Method of preparation
- Peel off onion, remove the skin of ginger, remove the stem of the green chilies and wash them. Roughly chop the green chilies, onion and ginger and make a fine paste in the blender.
- Soak cashew nuts in a cup of warm water for 20 minutes. Make a fine paste of cashew nuts in the blender.
- Cut the chosen vegetables in 1 inch pieces. Heat 1 tsp oil in a wok. Fry the vegetables for a couple of minutes on medium heat. Add in a cup of water and ½ tsp salt and cook the veggies till they get tender. Keep aside. Do not discard the water.
wholesome garam masala mix veggies frying
- Heat oil in a wok. Add all the wholesome garam masala (bay leaves, cloves, green cardamoms, and cinnamon) in the oil and fry on low heat for a minute.
- Add onion paste and fry onion paste on medium heat until it leaves the sides of the wok. (takes about 10 minutes)
- Now add red chili powder, roasted cumin powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and garam masala. Fry the masala with fried onion till it leaves the sides of the wok.
- Now add tomato puree and salt. Fry again until it leaves the sides of the wok. (takes 3-5 minutes)
- Now add cashew nut paste and fry for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
after adding tomato puree after adding cashew paste
- Add the remaing water from step 3 and take a boil. Now add boiled veggies and cook for 2-3 minutes . (if curry is too thick add a little more water)
Delicious Veg Jaipuri is ready to serve. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve with Rotis/poori/ butter naan or with any Indian breads of your taste.
I have used carrots, green peas, potatoes, beans, and cauliflower for this recipe. You can also use other mix veggies according to your taste and availability.
Paneer can also be added in this recipe.
Fresh cream can also be used to make the curry rich.
Some other Curry preparation