इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
This is a delicious and traditional recipe for tamarind chutney. This chutney goes with all sort of chaat preparations. I have added some dates in this chutney - Dates are a healthier option, and also reduce the amount of sugar needed for the recipe. If you don't eat dates, you can replace them by increasing the amount of sugar/jaggery.
Ingredients (makes about 2 cup)
- Tamarind ¼ cup
- Dates 6-8
- Raisins 1 tbsp
- Brown sugar / jagerry ½ cup
- White salt ¼ tsp
- Black salt ½ tsp
- Red chili powder little bit
- Grounded black pepper ¾ tsp
- Roasted and ground cumin seeds 1½ tsp
Method of preparation
- Following picture shows all the ingredients for tamarind chutney
- Wash the tamarinds and soak them in the warm water (1 cup) for half an hour.
- Mash the tamarind well. Remove the seeds and the fibers of the tamarind. Keep the pulp aside.
JTamarind soaked in the water
- Soak the dates in warm water for 10 minutes. Remove the seeds and make a paste in the blender. Instead of making paste You can aslo cut dates into small pieces.
- In a pan, take tamarind pulp , dates paste (or pieces), sugar/jagerry, salt, ground cumin, and black pepper. Boil the mixture for 10- 15 minutes. Add washed raisins, and cook for another minute.
- Chutney is ready to serve.
- Store in an airtight container. Chutney can be kept outside the refrigerator for a couple of weeks if the weather is not very hot. Tamarind chutney can be stored in the fridge for a couple of maonths.