इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Halwa's are special kind of desserts, which are usually ghee (clarified butter) based . The word, Halwa has come from Arab culture. In India, there are a large variety of halwas - Gajar ka halwa, Moong dal halwa, Aate ka halwa etc...This is a delicious preparation for semolina (sooji) ka halwa.
- Semolina (sooji) ½ cup
- Ghee ¼ cup
- Sugar ½ cup
- Water little more than 1 cup
- Cashew nuts ¼ cup
- Raisins 1 tbsp
- Chiraunji 1 tbsp
- Green cardamoms 4 crushed
Method of preparation
- Dice the cashew nuts. Wash raisins and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a wok. Roast the semolina on high heat for two-four minutes.
First look of Semolina After 4 minutes of frying
- Reduce the heat and fry semolina until you smell a nice aroma or see ghee come up. Stir continuously. (takes around 15 minutes). Keep the semolina aside.
After 10 minutes of frying After 20 minutes of frying
- In the same wok boil the water with sugar. After the first boil add semolina, cashew nuts, chiraunji and raisins. Mix well . Reduce the heat and cook until semolina is done. Takes about 5-7 minutes.
Boiling Sugar syrup Semolina in the sugar syrup
- Garnish with Ground cardamoms.
Delicious sooji halwa is ready to serve!
I have used organic sugar for this preparation.
Some other Desserts