इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Sabudana or sago is a very good source of carbohydrate, and is also eaten during the days of fasting. There is a variety of dishes made out of Sabudana/ Sago like sabudana papad, sabudana kheer, sabudana pulav etc. This recipe is for sabudana vadas. This is a delicious dish and can also be made as a starter in general.....
(makes 16 vadas)
- Sabudana ½ cups
- Boiled potatoes 2 medium
- Roasted peanuts ½ cups
- Green chilies 2-4
- Sendha namak/ rock salt Amazon Link 1¼ tsp or to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves 2 tbsp
- Oil to shallow fry
- Water 1 cup
Method of preparation
- Clean and wash the sabudana. Soak them in about 1 cup water for 2-3 hours.
- After 2-3 hours sabudana granules will absorb the water and will become soft. Add a little more water and leave it some time, if needed.
Water soked sabudana granules
- Remove the stem, wash and finely chop the green chilies.
- Peel off the boiled potato, and mash them thoroughly.
- Crush the dry roasted peanuts.
- In a bowl take soaked sabudana, mashed potatoes, crushed peanuts, chopped green chilies, chopped coriander leaves, and salt. Mix well all the ingredients.
- Following photo shows all the ingredients after mixing well.
- Now divide the mixture into 16 portions, and make flat discs as shown in the picture below.
- In a shallow frying pan heat oil. Shallow fry the sabudana vadas on medium-high heat until golden red in color.
Delicious and crunchy sabudana vadas are ready to serve. Serve with phalahari chutney or yogurt/ curds (dahi).
Tips/ Some suggestions:
These delicious sabudana vadas can also be made in regular days. In that case add more veggies like, peas, carrots, beans, etc....
If you like spicy food add more chilies to your sabudana vadas.
Some other recipes for fast/ vrat