इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Plain paratha is a pan fried whole wheat flour (aata) bread. When I was a kid, me and my siblings used to bring paratha and subji ( vegetables) everyday in our lunch box. This is a very common variety of Indian bread made almost everyday.
(makes 8 Parathas)
- Wheat flour 1 cup
- Flour to roll the parathas : 2 tbsp in a plate
- Water to make dough
- Ghee/butter/oil to brush the top about 2 tbsp
Method of preparation
- Take flour in a big bowl.Make a soft dough by adding little water at a time. Cover the dough and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Make 8 small rounds of the dough.
- Heat the griddle or tawa, while griddle is heating up take a ball and roll the ball with the help of little dry flour into a 2 inch circle, brush the inner layer with very little oil and close the circle into a ball again.Now roll this ball by dustig little dry flour into a 5 inch circle.(not too thick not too thin).
- Placed the rolled circle(paratha) to the medium hot griddle. turn it over when you see some red spots on the paratha ,now cook from the other side and brush the top side of the paratha with oil and turn the side press the sides with ladle, paratha will puff up.Cook from the other side .(takes 45 seconds)
- Repeat the process with all the balls.
Serve hot paratha with your favorite dry vegetable (sabji) or curry preparation.
Some other Indian Breads