इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Missi roti is made out of gram flour(besan) and is rich in protein. It is a very delicious Indian bread goes with all kind of dals and curries.
(makes 8 rotis)
- Gram flour (besan) 1 cup
- Wheat flour (aata) ½ cups
- Green chilies 1-2, finely chopped
- Chopped coriander leaves 2 tbsp
- Salt ½ tsp
- Carom seeds (ajwain ) ½ tsp
- Oil 2 tsp
- Finely chopped onions 2 tbsp (optional)
- Water to make dough
- Ghee/butter to brush the top
Method of preparation
- Take gram flour, wheat flour, chopped onion, coriander leaves, green chilies, salt, oil and carom seeds in a big bowl. Mix well all the ingredients . Make a soft dough by adding little water at a time. Cover the dough and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 portions and make small rounds of these portions.
- Roll a ball with help of dry flour in about a 3 inch circle.
- Heat griddle (tawa) . Place the rolled circle on the griddle, after about 15 seconds turn the side of the roti. Wait for 10 seconds.
For electric stove
- Press the roti lightly with a clean cloth or a clean mitten glove. Cook from both the sides. Repeat the process with all the rotis.
Note: For gas stove
Hold the roti with the tongs, remove the griddle and put the roti directly on the flame, turn the side to cook the missi roti from other side. (takes about a minute). Missi rotis do not puff up like plain rotis so don't worry about that.
- Top with butter or ghee (just brushing). Butter only the front side of the roti .
- Repeat the process with all the balls.
Delicious miss rotis are ready to serve
Serve hot missi roti with the curry of your choice or may be with dal.