इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Kheer is a traditional Indian dessert made with milk, rice, sugar, dry fruits and saffron. In South India it is called as Payasam.Kheer is one of the most famous Indian dessert and very delicious in taste. It is all time favorite mithai.
Method of preparation
- Clean , wash, and soak the rice in half cup water for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes remove the water and leave the rice on the soup sieve for couple of minutes.
- Thinly slice the pistachio, almonds, and the cashew nuts.
- Remove the green skin of the cardamoms and grind the seeds.
- Soak saffron threads in one table spoon of lukewarm milk. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan on medium heat, put in rice and fry for a minute. Now add milk, mix well and take a boil, after the first boil reduce the heat and let it cook on low heat. Stir every 5 minutes untill rice are cooked, and mixed in the milk. (takes around 45 minutes - 1:00 hour )
- Now add sliced dry fruits and sugar, mix well and cook for another minute.Turn off the heat. Add saffron milk and ground cardamom .
Let it cool down.
Yummy Kheer is ready to serve.
Some Other Desserts