Dates And Walnut Burfi
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Dates and walnut burfi is a very healthy dessert preparation and is very simple to make. I learned this dish from a very dear friend of mine. This is a vegan dessert. It is just a two ingredients dessert and there is no added sugar. let's make this delicious Dates and Walnut burfi/squares. Please try this dessert and do share your comments .. Happy cooking Shuchi
(makes about 14 burfi)
- Walnuts ½ cups/ 75 gms
- Dates 1 cups/ 175 gms
- Ghee few drops to grease the tray
Method of preparation
- Grease the tray, plate or a small thali with ghee, and keep aside.
- Cut the walnuts into small pieces.
- Cut dates into small pieces.
- Heat a non stick wok, dry roast the walnuts for about two minutes on medium heat. Take them out and keep aside.
- Now in the same wok fry dates on medium heat. Dates will start melting in couple of minutes. When dates melt add roasted walnuts and continously stir for a couple of minutes. Walnut pieces will start sticking in the melted dates.
- Turn off the heat and set the mixture on the greased tray. Let the mixture cool down, takes about 8-10 minutes.
- Cut the dates and walnut burfi in required shape.
Delicious dates and walnut burfi is ready for bhog/serving .
Some tips and Suggestions:
The burfi can be stored in an airtight container for a week.
You can also add some other nuts of your taste.
Use oil instead of ghee if you want to make vegan burfi.
Fast( vrat/ upwas) recipes