Cucumber salad with roasted peanuts and sweet chili dressing
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Cucumbers are a good source of vitamins and minerals. Super coolant cucumber can be easily found in the farmers market and supermarkets, and can also be easily grown in home garden, in containers in the balcony, sun room etc. This vegan cucumber salad is not only easy and quick to make but also very nutritional and delicious. Home roasted and ground peanuts add protein and enhance the flavor of this salad. Try out this salad and please do share your valuable comments. Happy and healthy cooking
70 calories in each serving
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 cucumbers (4 cups cut cucumber)
- ¼ cup roasted and ground (broken) peanuts
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp distilled vinegar
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander/cilantro
Method of preparation:
- In a small bowl, take brown sugar and water. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Add vinegar and mix well. Add salt and red chili flakes. Mix well. Keep aside.
Sweet Chili dressing for cucumber salad
- Dry roast peanuts over medium heat until aromatic and brown. Turn off the heat. Coarsely ground the peanuts in mortar with pestel. Remove the skin. Keep ground peanuts aside.
- Peel cucumbers and wash them thoroughly. Cut the cucumber in desired shape.
- In a glass bowl take cucumber pieces. Pour sweet chili dressing and coat the cucumber pieces with dressing. Add roasted peanuts and chopped coriander leaves..
- Delicious salad is ready to serve.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- You can also use some shredded colored bell pepper, red onions etc in this salad preparation.
- If you like spicy food add a chopped green chili in this salad.