इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Badam is a Hindi word for almonds. Badam Milk is a very traditional, and delicious drink, and can be served any time of the year. Almonds are rich in calcium and iron and with milk makes for a very healthy drink. Almond milk also has medicinal values and is considered as very good for health.
- Milk 4 cups/1 lt
- Sugar 4-5 tbsp
- Almonds ½ cups
- Green cardamoms 4
- Saffron threads ¼ tsp
Method of preparation
- Soak the almonds in 1 cup warm water for about an hour. Now peel off the outer skin of the Almonds.
- Using a little milk make a fine paste of almonds in the grinder.
- Soak saffron threads in one table spoon lukewarm milk. Keep aside.
soaked and peeled almonds almond pastein the grinder
- Remove the skin of the green cardamoms and ground them in the mortar.
- Boil the milk, after the first boil reduce the heat and add almonds paste. At this point stir continously.
Adding of almond paste in the boiling milk
- Now boil the milk on medium heat for 5-6 minutes. Stir continuously so milk will not get stick at the bottom.
- Add sugar, mix well and boil for another minute and turn off the heat.
- Now add grounded cardamoms and soaked saffron milk. Mix well.
Badam milk is ready.
Badam milk served in small cups for a party
I like to serve chilled Badam milk in summers and hot milk in winters.
In any case sprinkle a pinch of ground cardamoms, and garnish the badam milk with a couple of threads of saffron before serving.
Some other Desi Drinks