हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Akhrot Barfi/Walnut Squares
Walnut also known as akrot in Hindi. Walnut is one of the healthiest nuts. Walnut is a good source of potassium, magnesium, and iron. It is also a powerful antioxident. This walnut squares/ akrot ki barfi is very easy to make. You can also add some other nuts in this barfi for a new taste. Try this recipe and plese do share your comments. Happy cooking, Shuchi
( (makes about 24 smallsquares))
- Walnut (akhrot) 1 cup/ 200 gms
- Sugar ½ cup
- Water ¼ cup
- Ghee few drops to grease the tray
Method of preparation:
- Grease perchemant paer or the tray, a small thali, or the back side on a baking dish, with ghee. Keep aside.
- Clean the walnuts. Dry grind walnuts in the grinder to smooth powder. Keep aside.
- In a non stick wok/pan boil sugar and water. After the first boil reduce the heat and boil the sugar syrup till it gets thickened and makes two string syrup. Two string syrup means that you take a drop of syrup between your two fingers and then stretch the fingers - if the syrup that sticks between the two fingers is making two threads (or strings) then the thickness of syrup is appropriate. Takes about 3-5 mins.
- Add walnut powder in the sugar syrup. Stir well.Cook the mixture on very low heat until the walnut paste starts leaving the sides. (Takes about 2 minutes)
- Turn off the heat and set the mixture on the greased tray. Grease your palm and spread it evenly. You can also use rolling pin to roll the walnut mixture. Roll it to ¼" thick. Let the mixture cool down, takes about 10-15 minutes.
- Cut the barfi/burfi into required shape. You can make big or small pieces as desired.
- Delicious Walnut barfiis ready to serve. You can store it for a week .
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- You can aslo add smome rose petals in this barfi to enchance the flavor.
- Make sure that sugar syrup is 2 string thick .
- I have used perchament paper to spread the mixture.