इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
This is an easy to make eggless recipe of lemon cake. This recipe is an adapted version of Kris Holechek's vegan cake "Torta Limone". You can also make this cake vegan by using oil instead of butter and soy milk in place of regular milk. Try this unusual recipe of the incredible lemon cake .......
- Butter ¼ cups
- Sugar ¾ cup
- All purpose flour 1 1/3 cup
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Baking soda ¼ tsp
- Salt 2 pinches
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Lemon zests 1 tsp
- Yellow food color 4 drops
- Milk ½ cup
Method of preparation
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 6-8 inch baking pan. keep aside.
- Sift all purpose flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together.
- In a mixing bowl take butter and sugar. Ground sugar would be ideal for the cake. Mix well until well combined.
blending of butter and sugar
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest and yellow food color. Mix well .
- Add dry mixed flour and milk in creamy butter little by little, and mix well. Make sure to whisk the batter in one direction.
- Now pour the cake batter in the greased baking dish. Keep the dish in the oven and bake it for about 27 minutes.
batter poured in baking dish
- To check if the cake is ready : Insert a tooth pick in the side of the cake , if it comes out clean, it means the cake is ready. If the tooth pick is not clean, we need to bake it more.
Delicious eggless lemon cake is ready.
You can also use oil instead of butter in this cake.
You can also top the lemon cake with glaze. To make glaze combine 1 cup confectioner' sugar and 2 tbsp lemon juice well. Pour over the cake.
Some more Desserts