Biscuit Crumbs Cake
इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
This cake is a good example of food economy. It is easy to throw things but hard to use them. This cake has been made from leftover broken biscuits and rusk crumbs. I had a lots of broken biscuits which I surely didn't want to throw so made this delicious cake. This cake is so light that you can have a few pieces and still don't feel heavy. I have added some flavors to make it even yummier and healthier. Try out this easy eggless biscuit crumbs cake recipe and please do share your comments. Shuchi
- Biscuit crumbs 2 cups
- Milk about ¾ cup
- Coffee powder 1 tbsp.
- Baking powder ½ tsp
- Baking soda ¼ tsp
- Nuts of your choice, chopped 2-3 tbsp. (I have used slivered almonds)
Method of preparation
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 6-8 inch baking pan, or any oven safe tray. keep aside.
- Grind coarsely the leftover biscuit pieces or break them with your fingers. Add coffee, baking soda and baking powder with biscuit crumbs.
- In a mixing bowl take biscuit crumb mix. Add milk a little by little. Mix well to form a batter consistency.
- Add in chopped nuts. Mix well.
- Transfer the batter into the greased baking tray.
biscuit crumbs cake batter
- Keep the dish in the oven and bake it for about 18-22 minutes.
- To check if the cake is ready : Insert a tooth pick in the side of the cake , if it comes out clean, it means the cake is ready. If the tooth pick is not clean, we need to bake it more.
biscuit crumbs cake
- Let the cake cool down a bit.
- Cut the cake in desired shape and size.
- Delicious biscuit crumbs cakeis ready. Serve it with evening tea or with chocolate sauce or even with ice cream. It always taste so good
- You can add coffee, vanilla, or cocoa powder or any other flavor in this cake.
- You can add chopped nuts, raisins, dried fruits as per taste.
Some other Cakes and Cookies Recipe