इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Thalipeeth is a very popular Variety of Maharashtrian Bread. It is a savory preparation looks like a pancake. Here we are making a Phalahari ( fast special) version of Thalipeeth. This is a hearty, healthy and easy to make dish for fast. I have used soaked sago, water chestnut (singhoda) flour, and boiled potatoes along with flavoring to make this delicacy. Phalahari Thalipeeth can be served with cucumber raita, and phalahari chutney... Please try it and as always do share your comments... .
(makes 10 Thalipeeth)
- Sabudana ½ cups
- Water about 1 cup
- Boiled potatoes 2 medium
- Water chestnut flour (singhade ka aata) about 1/3 cup
- Roasted peanuts 4 tbsp
- Green chilies 4-5
- Sendha namak/ rock salt 1¼ tsp or to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice 1½ tsp
- Dry Water chestnut flour, to roll the disc, 2 tbsp
- Ghee/ Oil to cook (about 2-3 tbsp)
Method of preparation
- Clean and wash the sabudana. Soak them in about 1 cup water for 2-3 hours.
- After 2-3 hours sabudana granules will absorb the water and will become soft. If sabudana is still hard Add a little more water and leave it for some time. Drain out the erxtra water of sabudana if it has any ..
ingredients of Thalipeeth
- Remove the stem, wash and finely chop the green chilies.
- Peel off the boiled potato, and mash them thoroughly.
- Crush/ coarsely grind the dry roasted peanuts.
- In a bowl take soaked sabudana, mashed potatoes, crushed peanuts, chopped green chilies, chopped coriander leaves, water chestnut flour, and salt. Mix well all the ingredients. Now add lemon juice and mix again. Add a little more chestnut flour if needed to handle the mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 10 portions, and make flat discs as shown in the picture below.
- With the help of dry chestnut flour roll the disc into a 3-4" circle.
- Heat a griddle/ shallow frying pan on medium heat. Add a little ghee/oil. Place a rolled thalippeth on the griddle. After a minute turn the side and sprinkle a little oil and cook it on medium to low heat from both the sides until golden red in color. It takes about 3-4 minutes to cook the thalipeeth from both the side.
Delicious and healthy Falahari Thalipeeth are ready to serve. Serve with phalahari chutney or plain yogurt/ curds (dahi). You can also serve it with cucumber/ lauki ka raita.
Tips/ Some suggestions:
You can also cook 2-3 thalipeeth together at a time.
You can also use Buck wheat flour( kuttu ka aata) in place of Water chestnut flour
Some other recipes for fast/ vrat