हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Lettuce Salad With Sweet Onion Dressing
Lettuce Salad With Sweet Onion Dressing is a Chinese style salad, which is very refreshing and takes just a few minutes to make. I like the crunchy leaves of iceberg lettuce for making this salad, but you can use the variety of lettuce as per your taste and availability. In case if you do not have lettuce or if you do not find lettuce in your part of world use cabbage or brussel sprouts. Hope you like this salad. As always I will appreciate your comments.
- 3 cups lettuce cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cucumbers, sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into juliennes
- 1 tomato cut into wedges
Ingredients for Dressing
- 1 small yellow/sweet onion
- 1½ tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp distilled vinegar
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
Method of preparation:
- Peel, wash and finely grate sweet onion. Use the fine grater as we need absolutely fine onion for this recipe.
- In a small bowl, take sugar and water. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Add vinegar and mix well. Add salt. Now add grated sweet onion. Mix well. Keep aside.
- In a big bowl take lettuce leaves, sliced cucumber, and carrot julinnes. Toss well.
- Pour sweet onion dressing on top of salad and toss gently.
- Garnish with tomato wedges.
- Refreshing lettuce salad is ready to serve.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- You can also add some juliennes of colored bell peppers in this salad.
- If you like spicy food add some freshly ground white pepper in this salad.