हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Hot Frothy Coffee
Coffee is one of the most consumed drinks around the world. As a beverage, it has a unique flavor and a strong aroma. It is prepared from the roasted seeds obtained from coffee plant. Coffee has a content called as caffeine, whichi is generally used to reduce physical fatigue and to restore alertness when drowsiness occurs. To know more about coffee please check Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee There are different varieties of coffee seeds available in stores. While in North India the most popular variety is Instant Coffee, Southern India has a charm for filter coffee.
You would have enjoyed a frothy, rich coffee in expensive café joints and would have wondered if you could make it at home without any special gadget (coffee maker). Today we will be making a frothy, fluffy, rich, light and on top of that yummmyyy...licious coffee. We used to make this coffee at home in winters in India......During our latest visit to India we experienced extremely cold winters. Sometimes the temperatures dropped below 0 C. We made this coffee on a cold winter evening and it brought back so many beautiful memories…..Enjoy this easy to make frothy coffee!!!!
(Makes 2 servings)
- Instant coffee( I have used Nescafe) 1 tbsp
- Sugar 2 tbsp
- Water 2 tsp
- Milk 2 cups
Method of preparation:
- In a cup take instant coffee, and sugar. Add about 2 tsp warm water. Beat the coffee and sugar with a fork in one direction. Note- Make sure that amount of water should be absorbed by coffee+sugar, and the soution should not be watery. This helps in beating the coffee.
- Keep beating the mixture- add a few drops of warm water if the solution is too thick to beat. After every round of beating the coffee mixture will increase in volume.
- Coffee+sugar mix will be absolutely fluffy, smooth, and light in texture, when it is done. It takes about 4 minutes to whisk the cooffee and sugar mixture completely. The whisked mixture will be almost 4 times the volume of the original one.
- Coffee mixture is ready to use.
- Boil Milk.
- Pour about 2 spoons full of coffee mixture in the cup.
- Pour boiling milk in the cup. Stir. Serve frothy hot coffee.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- Always beat coffee in one direction.
- I have taken 1:2 ratio of coffee and Sugar. You can adjust the amount of suagr as per taste.
- You can beat the coffee and sugar mixture in advance and store.