इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Grilled fruits, ice creams, cakes, Biscotti’s, etc., are some of the very popular Italian desserts. This is an eggless recipe for almond biscotti. Biscotti’s are light desserts, and can easily be made at home. Follow the recipes below and please do not hesitate to write to me if you have any questions….
(Makes 16 biscottis)
- All purpose flour ½ cup
- Wheat flour ½
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Sugar ¾ cup
- Baking powder ½ tsp
- Vanilla essence ½ tsp
- Unsweetened condensed milk 1/3 cup
- Ground almond ¼ cup
- Slivered almonds ¾ cup
- Water about 2 tbsp
Almond extract ½ tsp (optional)
- Dry flour to give the shape to dough- little bit
Method of preparation
Set the parchment paper on the baking tray. Keep aside.
- Preheat oven at 350°F .
- In a mixing bowl take butter and sugar. Make a cream of butter and sugar by using hand blender till the mixture becomes light and fluffy. (You can also do this step by a whisker in traditional way. In that case please be patient and whisk in one direction.)
Now add vanilla essence, unsweetened condensed milk, and also almond extract (in case if you are adding some) and blend again for few seconds.
ingredients of biscotti blending of butter and sugar
In a separate bowl sift all purpose flour, wheat flour, grounded alomonds, and baking powder.
- Now add the flour mix in creamy butter little by little and mix well.
flour mix, and cream of butter and sugar after adding flour mix
Mix in slivered almonds in the dough. Mix well. Add very little water (about 2 tbsp) if required.
- Divide the dough into 2 portions.
- With the help of dry flour make a flat shape of about 3 inch wide and 1/2 inch thick .
after adding slivered almonds after arranging on the tray
Now place the baking tray on the preheated oven. Bake for about 22-26 minutes or till the upper side is hard to touch.
- Remove the tray out of the oven and let the biscotti
cool down for about 10 minutes.
- Now cut them in about an inch wide slices.
biscottis after 25 mins of baking cut the biscotti
- Turn the side and place the biscotti tray back to the oven. and bake for 4-5 minutes. You can bake the sides as well for 2-3 minutes.
the two sides of the biscotti
All time favorite almond biscotti is ready to serve. In case if you have left over biscotti, store them in airtight containers.
You can increase the amount of sugar in case if you prefer !
I have kept the skin of the almonds as it is nutritious.
This is indeed a very easy to make biscotti recipe. My kids enjoyed making this with me.
Some other baked dishes
Some other dessert recipes.