इस व्यंजन को हिन्दी में पढ़ें
This rice delicacy is delicious as well as full of nutrients. Paneer pulav is a good source of carbohydrate, vitamins, protein, and minerals... Paneer pulav tastes good as-is, but it can be served with any curry or even with raita.
- Basmati rice 1 cup
- Water 2 cups
- Paneer 150 gms/ 1 cup
- Cashew nuts 10-12
- Onion 1 medium
- Carrot 1 medium
- Green peas ½ cup
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Bay leaves 2
- Green cardamoms 5
- Cloves 5-6
- Red chili powder ¼ tsp
- Garam masala ½ tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Ghee 3 Tbsp
Method of preparation
- Clean, wash, and soak rice in two cups of water for 20 minutes.
- Cook the rice in microwave or in the pan until they are almost done but not overcooked. Keep the cooked rice aside to cool down. Use a fork to loose and separate the cooked rice. Keep aside.
- Peel, wash, and cut the onions into fine juliennes.
- Peel off, wash, and cut carrot into tiny cubes. Wash green peas.
- Cut paneer into half inch cubes. We need about 1 cup cut paneer.
ingredients of paneer pulav
- Heat a non stick wok. Add about 1 tsp ghee. Add cashews and fry them on medium heat until they are evenly red. Take them out and keep aside.
- In the same wok again heat about 1 tsp ghee. Add paneer and fry until the cubes are golden red all over. Takes about 3-4 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat 2½ tbsp ghee in the wok. Add cumin seeds, bay leaves, green cardamoms, and cloves, and fry util aromatic. Add onion juliennes and fry until these are golden brown. (takes about 4-5 minutes)
- Now add finely chopped carrots, and green peas. Fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add rice, salt, red chili powder, and garam masala. Mix well and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add fried paneer and cashew nuts. Mix well and cook for another minute. Turn off the heat and cover the lid so that the rice absorbs the aroma of the spices.
- Delicious Paneer pulav is ready. Serve delicious pulav with the Raita of your taste, or with curry.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
You can also add saffron soaked in milk from top for a nice aroma. Paneer pulav can also be garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
You can also add some other vegetables like, French beans(green beans) Cauliflower etc to this delicious paneer pulav. Raisins can also be added to this pulav.
Some other flavors of rice