हिन्दी में पढ़ें
Oat Raisin Cookies
My 11 years old daughter loves to bake and has baked these cookies herself. I just operated the oven for her. I look for some healthy options so we have used wheat flour instead all-purpose flour. We have also used rolled oats. Oat is a good source of fibers. Try out this light dish and please do share your comments........
(Makes about 50 small cookies)
- Butter ½ cup
- Sugar 1 cup
- Vanilla essence ½ tsp
- vinegar 1 tbsp
- Wheat flour 1 cup
- Baking powder 1¼ tsp
- Baking soda ½ tsp
- Salt 2 pinces
- Old fashioned quick roled oats 1 cup
- Raisins 1/3 cup
- Walnuts chopped 1/3 cup
Method of preparation:
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Sieve together wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt a couple of times. Keep aside
- Take butter in a mixing bowl. Butter should be soft but not melted. Add sugar in the butter and beat them in one direction until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla essence and vinegar. Mix again.
- Add Flour mixture in the butter and sugar mix . Add rolled oats and mix well.
- Add chopped walnuts and raisins. Mix well. Make a dough. If the dough is too crumbly add 1 tbsp water. Smoothen the dough.Do not over knead the dough.
- Divide the dough into small ball like key limes. Round them in your palms and press it a little to flaten it.
- Arrange the cookies in the cookie try. Leave some space between two cookies as they expand when you bake them.
- Put the cookie tray in the pre heated oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool down completely before you serve them.
- These cookies can be stored in airtight containers for a couple of weeks.
Some Tips/ Suggestions:
- These cookies are very easy to make and have been made by my 11 year old daughter.
- You can also use some other dried fruits and nuts as per taste.
- I have used non stick baking tray so I did not put any perchement paper but use a layer of perchement paper if you are using aluminum tray.
Some other cookies and cakes: